If you like a homemade and authentic recipe for curry shrimp, it’s simple, quick to make and special for share.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 fresh curry leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground red chile pepper
- 2 pounds medium shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- chopped fresh cilantro to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan over nearly high heat. Add the onions; cook and stir until browned. Mix in the curry leaves, then season with the ginger garlic paste, coriander and salt. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and turmeric, then mix in the tomato, chile powder, shrimp and water. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until shrimp are opaque. Taste and adjust salt and chile powder if necessary. Season with garam masala, stir and remove from the heat. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with flat bread or rice.