- 450 grams of medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 ½ teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 small cucumber (diced)
- ½ green pepper (diced)
- 1 ½ tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste)
- 1 pinch olive oil
- Soak the onion in a little lemon juice for half an hour. Scald the shrimp in boiling water with a little salt for 2 or 3 minutes until they become pink. Drain and reserve the cooking water.
- Combine half a cup of this liquid with lemon juice and orange juice, ketchup, mustard and sugar. Mix everything well.
- Now with shrimp, tomato, cucumber, pepper and onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate for one hour.
- Before serving, add a drizzle of olive oil. Place them in cold bowls and arrange on the table a small bowl with spicy for those who want to give a tone more raised the shrimp ceviche sauce.