This recipe is an easy and flavorful meal packed with blackened shrimp, peppers and onion. This classic meal is perfect served up in tortillas with avocado and chopped cilantro!
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- optional toppings: avocado, chopped cilantro, sour cream
- In a large bowladd the shrimp, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized skilletover medium high heat, add 1 Tablespoon olive oil, bell peppers, and onion. Saute until tender about 5-7 minutes. Slide to the side of the skillet
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Serve in tortillas with optional toppings